Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Oops! 6 months later!


Well it seems I haven’t blogged in almost 6 months!  I am ashamed.  I make little notes when the kids do funny things, to remind myself to blog about it.  I kick myself when I’m here getting to it SIX MONTHS later, and I either don’t remember what I meant by what I wrote, or with the younger kids, 6 months ago is a HUGE difference from their development now!  Well, I’m going to do my best, and I apologize for the poor time references.

We were in the months where some days it’s nice enough out to play, and other days it’s not.  I remember we were outside playing, and Diella said, “last night I prayed for good summer, and God was listening to me!”  How awesome!!!

I remember when the kids learned the animals that we eat.  They were FLOORED that we eat chickens and cows and fish and pigs, haha!  Well one day Diella asked, “is ham an animal?”  I said yes.  Her next question was, “like hamsters?” HAHAHA!

Jake was teaching Diella that when she gets money, she needs to give some of it to Jesus.  At one point in this conversation she exclaimed, “but I cant throw that high.”  I Love how kids’ minds are!  I’m not sure if I blogged this before, because I know it was a long time ago, but I remember when Diella asked how you to get heaven, and when we described it to her, she said, “yea, but I mean how do you GET there?  In a rocket?”

I’m totally unsure of where this came from or why, but once Diella said, “Mom!  When Sayda’s grown up, she cant be named Sayda anymore!  It’s a baby name.” hehehe… she has since said this about Silas as well.

Diella has been reciting movie lines for some time now, but the most amazing thing I’ve noticed lately, is that she not only knows every word to certain lines, and every word to every song, (in face there’s an entire SCENE from Despicable Me that she cant quote beginning to end!), but she SO often knows the instrumental parts of movies, where there is no dialogue, just music for the setting & for whatever is transpiring, but she will hum along with it!  SO often!  It’s almost always something I’ve never even noticed, that melody line, let alone memorized it!!!

Diella is very much into drawing these days.  Her drawings, Are. Incredible!!!   I first noticed they were getting good when (even though her people are still often times stick figures), this one was sitting on a rock, and the body stopped at the top of the rock, and the legs were off to the side.  Another one was a dancer and the legs were crossed, as she described the plié.  Since then, more recently, she does drawings of all different kinds of animals, and her friends are almost always in the pictures.  Cecily, Aria, Anna, and Colton are the most frequent ones.  She draws different vehicles, different seasons, SO many things!!!  But many months ago, we were drawing together, and as I was drawing a skate, Diella looked at it and said, “mom, socks don’t drive!”

When we were planning her birthday party, I was trying to think of a theme.  When I asked her, “Diella, would you like a rainbow theme for your birthday?” she replied, “of course.  Why would you ask me that?”

Oh man, one day we must have slipped and let something with red dye in it into her meal.  We told her about it, and the following day she was misbehaving.  I sat her down to talk to her about it, and she said, “mom, that was yesterday, and I already pooped.”  She was thinking that she ate the food, and now its through her, so its not in her system anymore.  What incredible deduction for a 5 year old!

I just love when this girl uses her imagination!  One day she said she had to go to work.  So I began to question her about it.  So when I found out where she worked and what she did, I found out that she worked at Caterpillar 21, and that she “calls people and does paperwork.”  So cool!!!

When I was pregnant with Silas, Jake and I were discussing possible first and middle names.  Diella was nearby, and gave her input, she said, “I think it’s last name should be Ritenour since it’ll be a part of this family.”  Genius!

Ok, here’s one of those times where I don’t remember what I meant by this, and cannot recall the details of the story, but since it’s cute, I’ll just write here the note that I made… she said, “you used to be a Heinrich, and I’ll always be your kid, forever.”  I wish I remembered the story that goes along with this!!!

Diella sings & loves the song, “You Are My Sunshine.”  There are times where she will occasionally change the words to a song.  One day we were in the car, and we were on our way to the Frano’s house.  She began to sing this song, and the words went like this, “you are my Frano’s, my only Frano’s.  You make me happy when trees are green.” (which this was because she was looking out the window for inspiration), “you’ll never know friend how much I love you.  Please don’t take my Frano’s away.”

Diella did get to see Silas in the hospital both days we were there, but it was the sweetest thing… the day I brought him home, she exclaimed, “he’s growing up!”

A new word Diella often uses lately (as of probably September 2012), is literally.  She uses it correctly all the time too.  It’s cool to hear her use vocabulary like this!

Just the other day we got out of the car and Diella said, “my leg pits hurt.”  She meant the underside of her knees, but it was pretty hilarious for her to refer to them that way!

This October, Diella began to take dance classes!  She’s been going for a few months, she’s enjoying it, and she’s doing VERY well in class!  Last week she had her first recital!  It was for the Christmas season.  Jake, my mom, and I enjoyed seeing her perform on stage very much!  A few days after that, I took her to see The Grinch, performed by the Erie Dance Conservatory.  She enjoyed that as well!  We’ll see if her interest in dance continues, and if it does, we Know she will accel!

Diella asked me for a cookie, since we had just finished lunch.  I asked her to wait a minute, until I finished what I was doing.  She asked again a moment later, and again a moment later.  I finally said, “oh honey, I’m sorry, I forgot” and went to get it for her.  She goes, “I think you have short-term memory loss.” LOL, no joke!  It’s a line from Finding Nemo, but still… she totally understood that & said it to me! Ha!

Her new thing lately, is smelling things.  Mostly food of course, but if she cant have a bite of it (for whatever reason), she’ll say, “well can I smell it?”  It kinda cracks me up, cuz she does it so often.  She has a keen sense of smell too, like her daddy.  Every single time we’re in the bread aisle at the store, she says, “Mmm, that’s such a sweet smell!  I like the smell of fresh bread!”

Something silly, and minor, but worth mentioning… Diella cracks me up because lately every time she washes her hands, she’ll pump the soap into one hand, and then use that hand to draw a smiley WITH the soap, onto the other hand, hehe.

I need to mention how wonderful Diella is with Silas.  Not only does she love helping out with him, but even once in a while if I need her to hold him while I get something done, she is patient with him even if he’s crying!  She will just pat his belly & try to keep the binky in for him, and it’s just great to watch!

The other day I was running errands while Jake was home.  The other kids were asleep, and when I got home, Diella had taken 13 sheets of paper, taped them together side-by-side, and had drawn a large mermaid on it.  I thought for sure Jake had helped her with it, but they both assured me that this was all her.  She then continued to cut it out, then color it, and then she even hung it up on her bedroom wall with tape, all 100% by herself!

We passed a Giant Eagle store on the other side of town, not the one we go to here by us, and Diella asked if that was a Giant Eagle.  I said, “yes, but how do you know that?!”  She said, “because it spells that.”  I replied, “yea…. But… you cant read…?” (hehehe), she goes, “well I know words I already know.”  Which I think meant that she recognized the word because she’s seen it before.  I thought it was pretty incredible.

The other day we were in the car.  I saw a big crane, up and over a building, and I thought Ethan might think it was cool, so I sorta gasped and said, “cool! Look!” and they looked over, and Diella said, “the truck???”  I said yes.  She goes, “mom, that’s not that cool.  I thought it was going to be something REALLY cool… like a cat, flying.”

Last week I was dealing with headaches again, and Diella’s prayer for my headache was pretty incredible.  It included phrases like, “I pray mommy feels better quickly.”  And “I pray she is healed.”  And my favorite one, “Thank you for making her better cuz I prayed.”  She thanked the Lord BEFORE He answered her prayer!  Just like we ought to do!  Loved this!!!!




The other day we were sitting at the table for lunch.  Sayda started crying.  When I looked, it seemed as though she was crying for nothing, but then I noticed the guilt all over Diella’s face, so I asked her what happened.  She hopped of her chair, and quickly said, “I poked her in the eye.  I’m going to my room.”  Then she zipped up the stairs.  HAHAHA!!!  She sent herself to her room!!!  I sealed my lips to tred not to laugh, and that was it.  No further punishment.  It was hilarious & kind of rewarding, Ha!

No comments: